We’ve put together a Basic Gospel Outline which is foundational to Outreach2day’s resources and training. Our Outline is an easy to remember structure that enables you to present the Gospel clearly.
Learn Our 4-Step Basic Gospel Outline
New to evangelism or find evangelism difficult? Then this method will work fantastically. You’ll find that we too are just a bunch of regular people who are passionate about Jesus and seeing the Gospel reach the nations.
Evangelise in Four Easy Steps
The outline is made up of 4 main phases: The Law, The Cross, Repentance, The Challenge. These 4 phases are what’s going to keep you on track as you share the Gospel. Trust us, memorising these four phases works surprisingly well:
+ 1. The Law
The Law reveals to people that they are sinners.
Use four questions which are based on some of the Commandments found in God’s Law.
- Would you consider yourself to be a good person?
- Do you think you have kept the Commandments?
- If God was to Judge you by the Commandments do you think you would be innocent or guilty?
- Do you think you would deserve to go to Heaven or Hell?
+ 2. The Cross
To Share the Good News for sinners.
Cover the four reasons why the Cross and Jesus’ resurrection are Good News for sinners:
- Jesus came because God loves us and wants to save sinners from Hell.
- Jesus died on the cross, in our place, paying the penalty for sin.
- Jesus rose from the dead, proving He alone has authority to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus is alive and offers to free us from the eternal consequences of sin, so we can be in right relationship with God for eternity.
But, to receive God’s forgiveness for your sin and get right with Him you need to…
+ 3. Repentance
To shows how through faith alone, a person can be saved
By turning to God and believing in Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, and in Jesus’ resurrection as Lord, there is a way for sinners to receive forgiveness for sin. It's as simple as ABC
- A Admit to God you are a sinner.
- B Believe through faith, Jesus’ death paid for your sin, and trust the risen Jesus to bring you into a new relationship with God.
- C Commit to surrendering to live your life God’s way from now on. Be prepared to confess and turn from sin.
+ 4. The Challenge
The final part of the Basic Gospel Outline challenges a person to recognise where they stand before God.
We use three D's - we call this the D challenge
- If you Died tonight would you go to heaven or hell?
- Does that concern you?
- Do you know how to get right with God?
Why Use our Basic Gospel Outline?
Now when opportunities arise we are able to use the Basic Gospel Outline to bring new life and hope to non-believers. Our Gospel Outline:
Gives you the ability to share the Gospel without being lost for words
You’ll find yourself confidently introducing Jesus’ story into your conversations
Memorizing our outline keep your message on track and reduce the chances of waffling
Avoids a watering down or distortion of the Gospel through “the chinese whisper effect”
Our outline is doctrinally neutral
The outline is easy to learn
Be effective at reaching the lost
Does it work?
Over many many years, we have tried several evangelism techniques. Often we found ourselves tongue-tied, backtracking, and stuck justifying ourselves. Perhaps you have found these difficulties in your own life too?
Fortunately, through much trial and error, we developed a simple format that helps our conversations stay on track and ensure we share the Gospel effectively over and over again. Our method is tried and tested, we use it all the time. It works, and that’s why we want to share it with you. Check out some testimonials from other New Zealanders.
Methods of Sharing Gospel
Our Gospel Outline is just one method of sharing the Gospel around the world. We do not seek to diminish the work of existing evangelism techniques or organisations. We believe that the Gospel can be spoken, acted and demonstrated in many ways.Our goal is to provide a fun, effective and easy method of presenting the salvation message.
See how easy it is to use our Basic Gospel Outline with our resources by visiting our Training Section.
Evangelism Quick Links
Go into all the World
… Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.